Bupa NZ COVID-19 Updates
Please find below the latest updates on COVID-19
29 June 2021 - information sent to care home residents and whānau under Alert Level 2 (greater Wellington Only)
Dear residents and whānau,
The Government has today announced that the greater Wellington region will move to COVID-19 Alert Level 1 from 11:59pm tonight.
The points outlined below come into effect at this time.
Updated visitor guidelines
At Alert Level 1 most restrictions are removed and there is no requirement for physical distancing or visitor mask wearing.
The following guidelines are still in place:
- We continue to ask that you do not visit if you feel at all unwell, e.g. have a temperature or have any gastro / cold / flu symptoms.
- Entry to the facility must continue to be through the main reception/ entrance way.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- All visitors must sign in via the EVA Visitor Registration App at reception, or on the paper-based Contact Tracing Spreadsheet. As part of this, all visitors must read and agree to a Health Declaration and Privacy Statement. We also recommend that anyone visiting a Bupa site use the Government NZ COVID Tracer app.
- Residents can have the option to take a Contact Tracing Form when leaving the facility to visit family and whānau, for completion while out. We also strongly encourage them to use the NZ COVID Tracer QR code for each location they visit.
Thank you again for understanding and for helping us maintain the safest possible environment for your loved ones in our care home.
29 June 2021 - information sent to village residents under Alert Level 2 (greater Wellington only)
At this time all Bupa Retirement Villages will return to normal at Alert Level 1. Contact tracing will remain in place for all external visitors.
The Government advice that remains in place is:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Do not socialise.
- Practice good hygiene measures, including washing your hands, coughing or sneezing into your elbow and cleaning surfaces.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen.
Thank you for your ongoing understanding and kindness to your fellow residents and our team as we navigate the continuing COVID-19 alert level restrictions together.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.