Bupa NZ COVID Update for Christchurch
Information sent to care home residents and whānau
Dear Care Home residents, families and whānau,
Following the closure of our Christchurch Care Homes on Friday evening, we have reviewed the COVID-19 outbreak situation in Christchurch and due to the minimal spread of the virus in the community, we have decided to re-open for visiting and return to Alert Level 2 guidelines.
Below is a reminder of the visiting restrictions in place at Alert Level 2:
- Please do not visit if any of the below apply to you:
- If you feel at all unwell, e.g. have a temperature or have any gastro / cold / flu symptoms,
- If you have been at a location of interest associated with a COVID-19 case,
- If you have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19,
- If you are living with someone who is:
● a close contact, or
● isolating due to being at a location of interest, or
● is being tested for COVID-19 as directed by a GP or the Ministry of
- We require all visitors to wear masks, so please either bring your own mask or we will provide one.
- Entry must be through the main reception and you will be required to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- All visitors must:
- scan into the Government NZ COVID-19 tracer app,
- register as a visitor through the EVA app or on the paper-based Contact Tracing Spreadsheet.
- Visitors are encouraged to visit residents in their room, where possible, and maintain 1 metre physical distancing. Alternatively, visits held in the lounge should be with appropriate physical distancing.
We are closely following the Ministry of Health updates and will revise our guidelines as new information comes to hand.
Thank you again for your understanding and for helping us maintain the safest possible environment.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.